What is Vitamin Deficiency Disease:
Vitamin deficiency diseases are diseases that are caused by the lack of one or more essential vitamins required for normal body function. Vitamin Deficiencies are caused by insufficient intake of specific vitamins in one’s diet over a long period of time.
Vitamin Deficiency Diseases
|Vitamin A (Retinol)||Night blindness|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||Beriberi|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||Retarded growth, bad skin|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||Pellagra|
|Vitamin B7||Dermatitis and Enteritis|
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)||Anaemia|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||Scurvy and Gum Disease|
|Vitamin D (Calciferol)||Rickets and Osteomalacia|
|Vitamin K (Phylloquinone)||Thrombophilia (Non-Clotting of Blood)|
- Vitamin A: The deficiency of vitamin A can cause Night Blindness disease and can result in difficulty seeing in low-light conditions
- Vitamin C: The deficiency of Vitamin C can cause Scurvy disease. It can show symptoms such as weakness, fatigue, and bleeding gums.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency can cause Rickets. It shows symptoms such as weak and brittle bones, bowed legs, and stunted growth.
- Vitamin B1: The deficiency of vitamin B1 (thiamine) causes Beriberi which has symptoms such as fatigue, muscle weakness, and nerve damage.
- Vitamin B3: The deficiency of vitamin B3 (niacin) causes Pellagra which shows symptoms such as skin rashes, diarrhea, and mental confusion.