Important Daily Current Affairs with Static Gk for competitive exams
1) Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a 108-metre-long bronze statue of Sri Nadaprabhu Kempegowda in Karnataka’s Bengaluru. The Statue is named the Statue of Prosperity.
2) Kerala became the first state in India to implement a uniform pricing of gold across the state.
3) Indian boxer Minakshi concluded her maiden Asian Championships campaign by clinching a silver medal in the flyweight division (52kg) in Amman, Jordan.
4) Union Road Transport Ministry has awarded the contract for setting up India’s first multi-modal logistics park (MMLP) at Mappedu in the Thiruvallur district of Tamil Nadu to Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL).
5) Democratic Attorney General Maura Healey has been elected governor of Massachusetts, making history as the nation’s first openly lesbian governor.
6) Two nurses Shashikala Pandey and Ganga Joshi from Kumaon, Uttarakhand have been awarded the National Florence Nightingale Award 2021 by President Droupadi Murmu for “extraordinary devotion to nursing.”
7) India has joined the Mangrove Alliance for Climate (MAC) at the 27th Conference of the Parties (COP27) in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.
8) The ICC board has unanimously re-elected Greg Barclay as the Independent Chair of the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a second two-year term.
9) The Ministry of Home Affairs has successfully completed a mother tongue survey with field videography of 576 languages and dialects across the country.
The linguistic Survey of India (LSI) is a regular research activity in the country since the 6th Five Year Plan.
10) The United States Department of Treasury has removed India from its Currency Monitoring List. India had been on the list for the last two years.
11) India’s ace boxer Alfiya Khan bagged a gold in the 81 plus weight category to continue the dominant show of the Indian women boxers at the Asian Boxing Championship in Amman, Jordan.
12) Indian Navy conducted ‘Prasthan’, a structured exercise to evaluate organisational effectiveness in protecting offshore assets off Mumbai.
The exercise which is conducted every six months aims to integrate the efforts of all maritime stakeholders involved in offshore defence.
13) Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated Ramagundam Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd (RFCL) fertilizer plant in the Peddapalli district of Telangana which has been revived at a cost of Rs 6,338 crore, to the nation.
14) India-born Nobel laureate Professor Venki Ramakrishnan has been awarded the prestigious Order of Merit by Britain’s King Charles III in recognition of his distinguished service to science.