Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) undertakes the task of recruiting employees for Tamil Nadu civil service jobs. Do you know the organizational structure of the TNPSC? In this article, we explain it.
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is headed by the Chairman and comprises fourteen other members. All members including the chairman of TNPSC are appointed by the Governor of Tamil Nadu, in accordance with Articles 316 to 319 of the Constitution of India that deals with the structure of State Public Service Commissions.
Dr C. Munianathan, I.A.S., (R) is the current chairman of TNPSC. He assumed office on 10.6.2022.
Role of TNPSC Chairman
The following matters shall be decided by the Chairman:
- All matters pertaining to the administration of the Commission’s office, except those which are within the competence of the Secretary, the matters decided by the Secretary being submitted to the Chairman for information or approval as appropriate;
- Experts/Departmental Representatives to be invited to assist the Commission at the time of oral test;
- Selection of examiners for confidential work;
- Matters relating to conferences of Chairmen of Union / State Public Service Commissions and correspondence with Union Public Service Commission / State Public Service Commission
- Nomination of the Chairman of the Departmental Promotion Committee and Initiating Member for the disciplinary cases;
- Matters not specifically allotted to a Committee or a Member.