The SSC CPO 2023 Tier 2 Exam is scheduled to be held on 22 December 2023. In this Article, We have provided the syllabus and exam pattern of SSC CPO Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates preparing for the SSC CPO exam should carefully read the SSC CPO syllabus and exam pattern to plan up with the exam preparation.
SSC CPO Syllabus and Exam Pattern
|SSC CPO Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Posts||Sub-Inspector (Executive) posts in Delhi Police and Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPF|
|SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam||3rd to 5th October 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Paper 1 & 2- Online|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark awarded for correct answer |
0.25 mark deducted for incorrect answer
|Selection Process||Tier 1, PET/PST, Tier 2, Detailed Medical Examination|
SSC CPO Selection Process
SSC CPO recruitment has 4 tier selection process. Tier 1 is an objective-type computer-based test, tier 2 is a physical examination, Tier 3 is again an objective-type computer-based test and tier 4 is a medical examination. Candidates have to clear all these 4 tiers to get selected for various posts in Delhi Police, CAPFs, CISFs etc. SSC CPO
|SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023|
|Tier/Stages||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|PET/PST||Running, Long Jump, High Jump and Short Put||Physical exam|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|DME||Detailed Medical Examination||Offline|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023 for Paper 1, Paper 2 and parameter for PST & PET has been discussed by the commission along with SSC CPO Notification 2023. Let’s start with understanding the exam pattern of SSC CPO 2023.
SSC CPO Paper-1 Exam Pattern
- There would be 200 Multiple Choice Questions in SSC CPO Paper 1.
- Each correct answer will score you 1 mark and for each incorrect answer, there would be a negative marking of 0.25 mark.
- The duration of SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1 will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
|SSC CPO Paper-1 Exam Pattern 2023|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
SSC CPO 2023 Physical Standard Test (PST)
The candidates after qualifying in the SSC CPO Paper 1, have to appear for Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test. The details for SSC CPO PST and PET have been tabulated below.
|SSC CPO PET/PST Test|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||165||80||85|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||155||–||–|
SSC CPO 2023 Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 metres in 3 chances
- 100 metre race in 18 second
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres or 3 feet in 3 chances
SSC CPO Paper 2 Exam Pattern 2023
SSC CPO Paper-2 will be conducted after PET/PST Test for SSC CPO 2023 is conducted.
• The total time duration of the exam is of 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
• The total number of questions asked will be 200 MCQ and the maximum marks for Paper-2 will be 200
• The test will be of English Language and Comprehension conducted online.
• There will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer.
|SSC CPO Paper 2 Exam Pattern 2023|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CPO Medical Test
Criteria for the Medical Test is given below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2023
The Syllabus of SSC CPO 2023 is for two written exams conducted online- Paper-1 & Paper-2. Let’s have a look at the SSC CPO Syllabus for 2023 Paper-1:
SSC CPO Paper-1 Syllabus
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Ratio and Percentage||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Number Series||Error Correction|
|Ordering and Ranking||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Data Sufficiency||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
SSC CPO Paper 2 Syllabus
|English Language and Comprehension||Error Recognition|
Fill in the Blanks
Idioms and Phrases