Indian Railway Recruitment Board conducts RRB NTPC examination to fill job vacancies in various positions in the field of Non-Technical Popular Categories.
Candidates aspiring to get a job position in RRB NTPC need to pass the RRB NTPC examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. There is a total of 9 job positions available in the Non-Technical popular categories such as Traffic Apprentice, Enquiry- Cum-Reservation Clerk, Goods Guard, Commercial Apprentice, Senior – Clerk-Cum Typist, Junior Accounts Assistant -Cum -Typist, Assistant Station Master, Traffic Assistant, Senior Time Keeper.
Let’s see about RRB NTPC syllabus, Eligibility requirements, Age limit, exam date, application, registration and admit card.
|Name of the Examination||RRB NTPC|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Examination Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
RRB NTPC Application 2021
The application for RRB NTPC should be submitted online through the RRB official website. The application process will start in March 2021.
RRB Application Fee 2021
|For unreserved and OBC candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|For SC/ST candidates||Rs. 250/-|
RRB NTPC Exam Eligibility Criteria
RRB NTPC Age Limit
The lower and upper age limit is mandated for each post in the RRB NTPC category. As per the official document, the candidates should be in the age range of 18 – 32 years old to be eligible for applying RRB NTPC. The upper age limit is relaxable under special provisions on submitting requisite documents.
RRB NTPC Age Relaxation
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST candidates
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 3 years for OBC candidates.
- For Ex-Servicemen, the upper age limit is relaxable up to the extent of years serviced with an additional of 3 years.
- For Residents of Jammu & Kashmir who have ordinarily been domiciled from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989, the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years for a person with disabilities in the unreserved category, and 15 years for SC/ST candidates with disabilities.
- The upper age limit for widows or legally separated but not remarried in the unreserved category is 35 years and 38 years for OBC candidates, and 40 years for SC/ST candidates.
- For serving Group “C” and erstwhile Group “D” Railway staffs, Casual Labour, and substitutes, the upper age limit is 40 years for unreserved category, 43 years for OBC Category and 45 years for SC/ST, provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service.
- However, no age relaxation is allowed for SC/ST/OBC candidates applying for unreserved vacancies.
RRB NTPC Educational Qualification
- The candidates should have attended a formal 12 years of school education and passed the examination from any recognized Board/University/Institutes in India.
- For graduate-level posts, the candidates must have a graduate degree from any recognized university
RRB NTPC Examination Syllabus
- Railway General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge and Awareness
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- General Science
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Analogy Test
- Alphabetical Series Test
- Number Series Test
- Coding-Decoding Test
- Mathematical Operation
- Direction Sense Test
- Blood Relation Test
- Ranking Test
- Logical sequence of words
- Venn Diagram
- Cube and Dice
- Time and Calendar
- Finding the Missing Number
- Counting of Figures
- Elementary Mathematics
- Number System
- HCF & LCM
- Decimal Fraction
- Power & Exponents
- Surds and Indices
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit-Loss and Discount
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Problems Based on Ages
- Alligation Mixture
- Time and Work
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Distance
- Boats and Streams
- Mensuration: Volume and Surface Area
- Variation of chain rule