RRB Group D is an examination conducted by Railway Recruitment Board to fill up vacancies in the Group- “D” Posts in the Indian Railways such as Gangman, Trackman, Cabinman, Pointsman, Keyman, Switchman, Leverman, Khalasi, Helper (Electrical), Shunter, Welder, Fitter, luggage/parcel porter, Helper- II (Mech), Helper (S & T), Peons, Hospital Assistants, Gateman, thapal boys, etc.
RRB Group Exam Date
RRB releases official notification for RRB Group D Examination. RRB Group D Exam 2021 is yet to be officially announced by Railway Recruitment Board. RRB Group D Exam is predicted to be between April – June 2021
RRB Group D Eligibility
Railway Recruitment Board has set eligibility criteria for RRB Group D Jobs. Candidates have to meet the eligibility criteria to be eligible for applying RRB Group D Examination. The Eligibility criterion for RRB Group D is as follows
RRB Group D Educational Qualification:
To be eligible for RRB Group D, the Candidates must have passed minimum Class 10 or diploma or equivalent from any recognized institutes in India.
RRB Group D Nationality
To be eligible for RRB Group D, the candidate must meet one of the following nationality eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India,
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee permanently settled in India from and before January 1, 1962.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Zambia, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
RRB Group D Exam pattern
RRB Group D recruitment process involves the following 3 stages,
- 1. Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2. Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- 3. Document Verification and Medical Examination
RRB Group D Syllabus (CBT)
RRB Group D CBT Computerized Based Test is the first stage of the RRB Group D recruitment process. There will be MCQ questions from Mathematics, General Intelligence and reasoning, General Science and, Current Affairs
a) RRB Group D Syllabus: Mathematics
Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern, etc.
b) RRB Group D Syllabus: General Intelligence and reasoning
Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities, and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions, etc.
c) RRB Group D Syllabus: General Science
The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level (CBSE).
d) RRB Group D Syllabus: Current affairs
General Awareness on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subject of importance
RRB Group D Exam Pattern for 2nd Stage: PET
Meritious Candidates based on the result of RRB Group D Computer Based Test (CBT), will be summoned for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) The Physcial Effiency Test will be conducted as follows
- The male candidates should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down
- Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in 1 chance
- The Female candidates should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down
- Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in 1 chance
RRB Group D Exam Pattern for 3rd Stage: Document Verification
Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT Test and the Physical Efficiency Test (PET), candidates will be called for document verification.
RRB Group D Salary
The Basic Pay for RRB Group D Jobs is 18,000 INR plus other allowances such as DA 7%, HRA 8%, 16%, OR 24%, and Transport Allowance. So RRB Group D candidates can expect to have a Gross Salary of 22,000 INR – 26,500 INR