NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), is a commercial arm of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). It is under the administration of the Department of Space, India and wholly owned by the Government of India. NSIL was incorporated on March 12, 2019 under the Companies Act.
NSIL was started with the prime responsibility of facilitating Indian aerospace companies to indulge in high technology space-related activities and is also responsible for the promotion and commercial exploitation of the products and services emanating from the Indian space programme.
NSIL programme by ISRO will assist private space companies with their proven methodology and rich heritage in the space research arena.
The major business areas of NSIL include:
- Production of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) and Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV) through industry;
- Production and marketing of space-based services, including launch services and space-based applications like transponder leasing, remote sensing and mission support services;
- Building of Satellites (both Communication and Earth Observation) as per user requirements.
- Transfer of technology developed by ISRO centres/ units and constituent institutions of Dept. of Space;
- Marketing spin off technologies and products/ services emanating out of ISRO activities
- Consultancy services