ITM NEST is a National Entrance and Scholarship Test conducted by ITM University, Gwalior for admissions to undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma courses of the university. ITM NEST 2023 will be conducted in the month of May 2023. The question paper constitutes of two parts, namely paper A and paper B where Paper A is common to all the streams, and paper B will differ with respect to the course the candidate opted for.
- Admission Counselling for ITM NEST 2023 will be held at the University campus and will commence tentatively in the month of June 2022.
- ITM NEST 2021 Answer Key will be available on the official website from last week of May 2023 onwards(Tentative).
ITM NEST 2023 Important Dates
|Online Application Form Release||January 2023|
|Application submission deadline||April 2023|
|ITM NEST Exam Date||May 2023|
|Admission counselling Date||June 2023|
ITM NEST 2023 Exam Pattern
|Number of Papers||1|
|Number of Sections||4 parts which include Basic Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Question Type||Objective Type Questions|
|ITM NEST Total Marks||200|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|
ITM NEST 2023 Exam Pattern in Detail
ITM NEST question paper will consist of 4 parts. Each part will contain 25 questions. Following is the exam pattern for ITM NEST 2023:
- Students can give exams either online or offline mode
- Question paper consists of 4 parts mainly Basic Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, basic questions from general knowledge and Biology.
- Each part consists of 25 questions and each question will carry 2 marks, so total 20.
- Negative marking of 1 mark is there for each incorrect attempts.
|Name of parts||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
ITM NEST 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the ITM NEST exam will be based on the pattern of CBSE syllabus of class 11th and 12th. Here we’ve compiled a list of important topics that will come up in the examination.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Vectors
- Biology: Cell Biology, Genetics and Evolution, Ecology, Humans and Environment, Biotechnology, Biology and Animal System, Biology and Plant System
- Chemistry: Measurements in Chemistry, Mole Concept, Gaseous and Liquid State, Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Solid State, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Classification of Elements and Periodicity Property, Hydrogen, s-Block Elements, p-Block Elements, D-Block Elements, f-Block Compounds, Coordination Compounds, Metals and Metallurgy, Basic Concepts, Reactivity Intermediates, Isomerism, Nomenclature, Alkenes, Aromatic Compounds, Haloalkanes, Alcohols, Phenols, Amines, Amino acids and proteins
- Physics: Modern Physics, Optics, Electricity and magnetism, Thermal Physics, Sound and Mechanical Waves, Mechanics, General Physics