Today’s Current Affairs for UPSC & other competitive exam preparation
1) The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare India’s First of Kind National Suicide Prevention Strategy, with time-bound action plans and multi-sectoral collaborations to achieve a reduction in suicide mortality by 10% by 2030.
2) India’s first green technology incubation centre called the ‘Greenovator Incubation Foundation’ will be set up at the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Srinagar.
3) The Department of Archives, Archaeology and Museums holds a celebration on the eve of World Heritage week commencing from November 19 to November 25, 2022. World Heritage Week is observed to promote the conservation of culture and heritage.
4) Jammu and Kashmir have become the first in India to achieve the milestone of establishing at least 75 Amrit Sarovar in each of its districts. Amrit Sarovar was launched on National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th April 2022 with the objective of developing and rejuvenating at least 75 water bodies in each district of the country.
5) With 5.8 Percent of the Country, Jharkhand have the highest instances of underage girls’ marriage.
6) Indian government gave approval for the creation of a weapon systems branch for the Indian Air Force (IAF) officers.
7) Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the Chhattisgarhia Olympics”, the Mahakumbh of traditional sports at Balveer Singh Juneja Indoor Stadium, Raipur.
8) Telangana’s ruling party Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) changed its name to ‘Bharat Rashtra Samiti’ (BRS), indicating the party’s foray into national politics.
9) Ladakh Lt Governor Ladakh RK Mathur inaugurated the 2nd LG Cup Horse Polo Tournament at International Horse Polo Stadium in Drass.
10) Government of India appointed Sibi George as the next Ambassador of India to Japan. He is currently the Ambassador of India to the State of Kuwait.
11) The Delhi government launched a month-long anti-dust campaign to check compliance with pollution norms at construction sites and 586 teams have been formed for its implementation.
12) Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Regional Office (West) of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) in Mumbai.
The Regional Office of CCI (South) is in Chennai and the Regional Office of CCI (East) IS IN Kolkata
13) World Fisheries Day is celebrated every year on November 21 to demonstrate solidarity with all fisher folk, fish farmers and concerned stakeholders throughout the world.The first World Fisheries Day was celebrated on November 21, 2015.