Important Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk: 12 November 2022
1) Uttrakhand government announced to felicitate NSA Ajit Doval, lyricist Prasoon Joshi, and three more with this year’s Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman.
Highlights of Uttarakhand
- Asan Conservation Reserve
- Country’s first moss garden
- Country’s first Pollinator Park
- Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
- Rajaji Tiger Reserve
- Jim Corbett National Park
2) Member of the erstwhile royal family Yaduveer Krishnaraja Chamaraja (YKC) Wadiyar has been selected for the International Kannada Rathna award, presented annually by Dubai Kannadigas to mark Kannada Rajyothsava.
3) India’s boxing star, Lovlina Borgohain clinched a gold medal in the women’s 75kg category at the Asian Boxing Championship 2022.
This is Borgohain’s first gold medal on the Asian stage.
4) The Netherlands has emerged as the top destination for India’s petroleum product exports such as petrol and diesel in the first half of the current fiscal year.
5) India’s first national repository for life science data, generated from publicly-funded research in the country, has been unveiled by Science and Technology Minister Jitendra Singh.
6) The Union Government has granted the students 265 medical seats to several Government hospitals in Jammu and Kashmir.
7) India’s World Championship medallist Parveen Hooda bagged the country’s first gold medal in the 2022 edition of the Asian Elite Boxing Championship, winning the final in the women’s 63kg weight division.
Parveen, who won the gold in the South Asian Games in 2019, had earlier this year bagged a bronze medal in the 2022 World Championships in Istanbul.
8) The Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT) received an award in the ‘City with the Best Public Transport System’ category at the 15th Urban Mobility India Conference held at Kochi.
National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries in Jammu and Kashmir
- Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
- Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
- Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
- Dachigam National Park
- Salim Ali National Park
9) Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy unveiled the logo for the Global Investors’ Summit 2023, scheduled to be held on upcoming March 3 and 4, 2023 in Visakhapatnam.
10) Anthropological Survey of India (AnSI) has recreated the huts of several tribal communities at its different regional centres.
11) The Gandhi Peace Foundation announced the award of its prestigious Kuldip Nayar Patrakarita Samman for 2022 to The Wire’s senior editor Arfa Khanum Sherwani.
12) Table tennis players Manika Batra and Gnanasekaran Sathiyan created history by becoming the first Indian mixed doubles pair to enter the top five of the ITTF Table Tennis World Rankings.
13) The Forest Department and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) have launched the “Trees outside forests in India (TOFI)” programme in Rohtak.
The programme will bring together farmers, companies and other private institutions to rapidly expand tree coverage outside traditional forests in the state.
14) Prominent Indian physician and scientist Dr Subhash Babu has been conferred the prestigious 2022 Bailey K. Ashford Medal, and 2022 Fellow of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (FASTMH) award for his exemplary research work and contribution in tropical medicine.
15) The Kerala State Transport Corporation has bagged the central government’s award for best public transport services in the country.