BSc Nursing Entrance exams are the gateway to joining top nursing colleges in India. Several Top Nursing Institutes in India issues BSc Nursing Application forms, and the application forms can be downloaded at the official website of the respective colleges.
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2021: Eligibility
- The minimum age for BSc in Nursing is 17 years old. The maximum age limit for admission shall be 35 years.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 class with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with an aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- Candidates appearing in 10+2 examinations in Science conducted by the National Institute of Open School shall be eligible with 45% marks.
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
- Candidates shall be admitted once a year.
The eligibility criteria may vary depending on the College/University you are applying for to pursue BSc in nursing.
Top BSc Nursing Entrance Exams In India
Some of the top Nursing entrance exams in India for admission in B.Sc Nursing are given below:-
- ITM NEST
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus includes topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as per the 10+2 Syllabus. Candidates also need to study topics such as General English, Logical Reasoning, and topics related to nursing for the entrance exam. Some entrances for B.Sc Nursing also include topics of General Awareness that may require the candidate to read up on topics such as history, political science, economics, geography, and current affairs. Below is the detailed syllabus for the entrance exam.
Biology (Zoology + Botany)
- Living and Nonliving
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Animal Physiology
- Reproduction in Plant and Animal
- Genetic Basis of Inheritance
- Origin and Evolution of Life
- Human Disorders
- Ecology and Ecosystems
- Units and Measurements
- Heat Transfer
- Vibration and Waves
- Light and Sound
- Electricity and magnetism
- Modern Physics
- The Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- States of Matter
- Mixtures, solutions and Solubility
- The Gas Laws
- Elements and Compounds
- The Periodic Table
- Important Concepts in chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Water and Organic Compounds in the Environment
General Knowledge/ General Ability
This section tests a candidate’s general knowledge in Science, History, General policy, Geography, Scientific research, Culture, Current affairs, etc.
This section contains questions to test a candidate’s knowledge and good command of the English language.
Exam pattern for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Entrance
AIIMS conducts BSC Nursing Entrance for direct admission into the nursing course in AIIMS institutes in India. The Exam pattern for AIIMS BSc Nursing Entrance Exam are given below:-
- Biology – 30 marks
- Physics – 30 marks
- Chemistry – 30 marks
- General Knowledge – 10 marks
The examination will be conducted for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Objective-type questions in the English language will be there in the entrance exam.